GAR Monument (Civil War) - Beaver Falls PA
Text Coming Soon!
The Grand Army of the Republic (GAR), a fraternal society and political organization of Union Army and Navy veterans of the Civil War, dedicated this monument in Beaver Falls in February 1913. (1920)
The monument is located near the intersection of Sixth Avenue and 10th Street. (c1960)
The GAR was founded in Illinois in 1866 and was formally dissolved in August 1956 when it’s last member passed away. (Oct 2014)
The GAR Monument was once situated in the shadow of St. Mary’s Catholic Church, which was demolished beginning in late 2014. (Oct 2014) Full Size