Text Coming Soon!
The new settlement of Koppel, built around the Arthur Koppel Car Works, quickly grew after its founding in 1907 with new homes, a hotel, a train station, and a school. Koppel was officially approved for borough status on September 18, 1912. In September 1913 the borough decided to build a municipal building by selling $2,000 worth of bonds. A building (shown above) was built on Arthur Street, between 3rd and 4th Streets, soon after and opened in 1914. A large addition was later added along Arthur Street to house the volunteer fire department. The building, which currently houses the municipal offices and police department, is still in use today. (1920) Full Size
(Mar 2013) Full Size
There are currently no comments on this article.