Text Coming Soon!
This large building, once owned by prominent local resident George Herr (1832-1900), was located on Main Street just beside the PRR train station in “New” Enon Valley. It primarily served as a largest general store in Enon Valley for many years. The Enon Valley Post Office was also located here for some time and was the scene of several daring robberies in the early 1900’s. Cary W. Sitler (1877-1961), a native of Leetonia OH, and his wife Elizabeth operated a grocery and general store here (shown above) from about 1901 until they relocated to Denver CO in about 1915. This building housed various stores for the next several decades until it was finally torn down in the late 1960’s. (c1910) Full Size