Text Coming Soon!
The Spotlight 88 Drive-In Theater, located south of Ellwood City, was opened in the spring of 1948 by three New Castle businessmen including Ralph M. Felton (1905-1971). It was located at the intersection of Routes 88 and 558. It took its name from Route 88, which was later re-designated as Route 65 in 1961. It was known for having a small amusement area for children just below the large movie screen. The theater was destroyed when a powerful tornado ripped through the area on May 31, 1985. It was never reopened and the property was later converted into a flea market. (c1970) Full Size
(Oct 2014) Full Size
There are currently no comments on this article.